We need you to come and help lobby Legislators to defend and protect the Adirondack Park! Sign up to join Adirondack Park Environmental Lobby Day on Tuesday February 28, 2022 at the State Capital in Albany, NY.
Come one, come all. You’re invited to come to Albany on Tuesday February 28th and help make a stand for the environmental protection of the Adirondack Park. We need to show state leaders that there’s massive support for the environmental protection of the Adirondack Park from far and wide across the state.
This lobby day is a great way to bring your passion about protecting the Adirondacks to environmental leaders in the State Legislature and to your elected representatives in the State Senate and State Assembly. It’s vital that these environmental leaders see fresh faces and hear fresh voices about the pressing budget needs, critical legislation, and major environmental challenges facing the Adirondack Park.
We need a loud and proud crowd to stand up for the following list of big issues:
- state spending on land protection in the Environmental Protection Fund
- state spending on Forest Preserve stewardship, with a special focus on the High Peaks Wilderness, including sustainable trail construction, improvements to parking facilities and shuttles, and public education in the Environmental Protection Fund
- state spending for aquatic invasive species control and local Adirondack institutions
- support for more Forest Rangers
- support for conservation development legislation to amend the Adirondack Park Agency (APA) Act to improve the review and regulation of large-scale developments and subdivisions in the Adirondacks
- ensuring that we get the best people to be appointed to the Adirondack Park Agency Board and the Lake George Park Commission who will uphold the law and support environmental protections
- support legislation to ban coyote hunting contest events in New York State
- support legislation for an Adirondack Park affordable housing task force
Protect the Adirondacks has joined with a number of other organizations, including the Adirondack Wild: Friends of the Forest Preserve, Adirondack Council, and Sierra Club Atlantic Chapter to organize the Adirondack Environmental Lobby Day at the State Capital in Albany, NY, from 10 AM to 4 PM on Monday February 28th.
Click here to read a joint letter from Protect the Adirondacks and a dozen other groups outlining Adirondack Park priorities for the new 2023-24 state budget.
This is an important day to spread the word about the importance of state spending in the new state budget and for legislation. We need you to come to Albany and help advocate for stronger environmental protections for the Adirondack Park.
Governor Kathy Hochul is expected to release her state budget by February 1st. We will provide fact sheets and lobbying materials to all participants ahead of time.
Here’s the agenda:
9:00 – 10:30 AM: Welcome and overview of day’s subjects, instructions for effective lobbying
10:45: Group picture
11:00-3:00: 4-6 Meetings with elected officials and staff (and lunch in between)
4:00: Wrap Up
Sign Up Here for the February 28th Adirondack Environmental Lobby Day
You can sign up in two ways:
Call us at 518-251-2700 to sign up or use the form below.
Once you sign up we will send you information about the lobby day with directions and background materials to help you be a successful grassroots lobbyist. Now is the time to make our voices heard. Please sign up today and encourage your friends and family to attend this historic day of action advocating for the environmental protection of the Adirondack Park.
Thank you very much for your support and activism to protect and defend the Adirondack Park and our “forever wild” Forest Preserve!